2023 Call for Officer Nominations
Serving as a leader in NPAA offers great opportunities to build professional networks with other nursing professionals and support the legislative process. Take an opportunity to get involved! Feel free to nominate yourself or another NPAA member.
There will be nominations for two separate elections. The first is a special election to replace Clare Kranz as President-Elect for the remainder of the 2021-2023 term. The second election is for incoming officers of the 2023-2025 term. Two different voting ballots (1 for special election and 1 for regular election) will be sent to the membership for vote after the nominations committee releases the ballot.
A special election will be held to replace Clare Kranz who has resigned her position as President-elect. The winning candidate will serve for approximately 1 month as President-elect then will move to the President position for the 2023-2025 term.
Regular Election for 2023-2025 term of office.
The NPAA Nominating Committee has opened its 2023 Call for Nominations for the following offices who will serve during 2023-2025 term:
· President-elect: shall serve for one (1) two (2) year term. Shall remain informed of all issues, statutes, and concerns facing NPs in Alabama. The President-elect, in absence of the President, shall serve as spokesperson for NPs, call meetings, set the calendar and agenda for the meetings, and chair meetings. The President-elect shall be a co-signer of all bank accounts, chair the Bylaws committee, and take on special tasks as designated by the President.
· VP for Membership: Shall support efforts related to membership recruitment and retention. The VP of Membership chairs the Membership Committee and may take on special tasks as designated by the President.
· Secretary: Shall keep minutes and records, including meeting attendance, committee and officer reports, and roll of members. The Secretary shall conduct official correspondence, serve as the coordinator of calendars (in coordination with the President), and publish notice of meetings.
· Member-at-Large: Shall be elected from the membership. The Member-at-Large is a member of the Executive Committee, attends all meetings of the Steering Committee, and may take on special tasks as designated by the President.
· Two (2) Student Members-at-Large shall serve on the Steering Committee for a one (1) year term. Student Members-at-Large will be elected annually.
Nominations End September 15, 2023
You will be required to upload PDF files for the following information: CV; Bio (limit 250 words); Photo; and answers to the Required Questions (limit 250 words/question):
1. What attributes do you possess that would make you or the person you are nominating the better candidate for the position?
2. What are some of your goals associated with the position you are applying for? (only answer if nominating yourself)
3. Today as we embark upon a diverse population, what strategies would you employ that address diversity? (only answer if nominating yourself)
4. What changes would you like to see implemented withing the NPAA organization? (only answer if nominating yourself)
5. Do you have any questions for us on the nominating committee?
· All executive committee positions carry a 2-year term. Student Members At Large carry a 1 year term.
· All nominees must be NPAA Members in good standing.
· All current members are invited to nominate themselves and/or other members. All nominees must complete the “Nomination Form”
If you have questions, contact Denise Williams, email@example.com.
Nominations shall be unrestricted based on consideration of age, color, creed, disability, gender, health status, lifestyle, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.